Recruiter? Click here for my experience.
I’m a 4th year undergraduate student at UC Berkeley studying computer science and economics, with some data science in between. I was born in Oregon but grew up in Shanghai.
In my free time, I enjoy exploring urban life (Shanghai has spoiled me), cute pictures of shiba inus, trying out new restaurants, and Japanese music. When I feel particularly creative and have some free time on my hands, I try to take some photos and do some writing, which I like to think I'm not terrible at. Check out this article I recently wrote on how to drink crema tea.
Currently, I am:
- In school at UC Berkeley. Some cool courses I'm taking this semester include ECON C142: Applied Econometrics and Public Policy (with David Card), CS 189: Introduction to Machine Learning, and PUBPOL C103: Wealth and Poverty (with Robert Reich).
- Leading the external team at UC Berkeley's Division of Data Sciences. We run Data 8X, a MOOC on introductory data science, develop open source course infrastructure, and work with universities from across the country to help them adopt data science.
- An undergraduate student instructor (uGSI) for DATA 8: Foundations of Data Science.
- Helping run and teach DATA 88: Data Science and Economics, the first economics connector for Data 8.
- Trying to lose 10 pounds, but honestly not doing a great job here.