Recruiter? Click here for my experience.
I’m an incoming Masters student at UC Berkeley studying computer science with a concentration in Data Science and Systems. Previously, I completed my undergrad in computer science and economics, with some data science in between, at UC Berkeley as well. I was born in Oregon but grew up in Shanghai.
In my free time, I enjoy exploring urban life (Shanghai has spoiled me), cute pictures of shiba inus, trying out new restaurants, and Japanese music. When I feel particularly creative and have some free time on my hands, I try to take some photos and do some writing, which I like to think I'm not terrible at. Check out this article I wrote a while ago on how to drink crema tea.
Currently, I am:
- On summer break. I am interning at BCG GAMMA, the data science consulting arm of BCG, as an AI Software Engineer intern this summer.
- Leading the external team at UC Berkeley's Data Science Education Program. We run Data 8X, a MOOC on introductory data science, develop open source course infrastructure, and work with universities from across the country to help them adopt data science.
- A graduate student instructor (GSI) for DATA 8: Foundations of Data Science, where I lead the infrastructure team.
- An economics research assistant with Professors Jesse Rothstein and Avi Feller, working on the Augmented Synthetic Controls Method.
- Developing and refining material for DATA 88: Economic MOdels, the first data science + economics course at Berkeley, in prepartion for our third offering of the course in the Fall.
- Trying to lose 15 pounds over the summer by mainly eating Sweetgreen salads and running around campus daily.