I am a data scientist at BCG GAMMA currently working in the consumer/retail space. Previously, I completed my undergrad and Masters degrees at UC Berkeley studying computer science and economics, with some data science in between. I was born in Oregon but grew up in Shanghai; now I live in NYC.
Before BCG, I've done internships as a data scientist, program manager, and software engineer at both large firms and small startups. I like to joke that I've gone through a lot of buzzwords during my internships: IoT, blockchain, big data, and AI. As a data scientist, I've worked on client projects in pricing, personalization, and optimization.
In my free time, I enjoy traveling (a lot), cute pictures of shiba inus, trying out new restaurants, and Japanese music. When I feel particularly creative, I try to take some photos and do some writing, which I like to think I'm not terrible at. Check out my (bi)monthly newsletter if you're wondering what I've been up to recently.
Here are some things I've created:
- My master list of restaurant reviews + scoring
- 85 images and stories from my 2021
- A video about the natural beauty of Switzerland from three weeks of travel
- My first newsletter from May 2021
- Reflections on a month in Hawai'i. It also doubles as a list of recommendations in O'ahu.
- The best tacos I had during a month in Mexico City
- A short PSA on how to drink crema tea
- A video about my 2021