Recruiter? Click here for my experience.
I’m an incoming Masters student at UC Berkeley studying computer science with a concentration in Data Science and Systems. I recently completed my undergrad in computer science and economics, with some data science in between, at UC Berkeley as well. I was born in Oregon but grew up in Shanghai.
Previously, I've interned as a data scientist, program manager, and software engineer at large firms like Microsoft and BCG, and startups like QuantCo and Seele. In the last two summers as a consultant, I worked on projects in pricing and personalization. I like to joke that I've gone through a lot of buzzwords during my internships: IoT, blockchain, big data, and AI.
In my free time, I enjoy exploring urban life (Shanghai has spoiled me), cute pictures of shiba inus, trying out new restaurants, and Japanese music. When I feel particularly creative, I try to take some photos and do some writing, which I like to think I'm not terrible at. Check out this article I wrote a while ago on how to drink crema tea.
Currently, I am:
- Interning at BCG GAMMA, the data science consulting arm of BCG, as an AI Software Engineer.
- Leading the external team at UC Berkeley's Data Science Education Program. We run Data 8X, a MOOC on introductory data science, develop open source infrastructure, and work with universities across the country to adopt data science.
- A graduate student instructor (GSI) for DATA 8: Foundations of Data Science, where I lead the infrastructure team.
- Developing and refining material for DATA 88: Economic Models, the first data science + economics course at Berkeley
- Trying to lose 10 pounds over the summer (by mainly eating Sweetgreen salads and running).